Monthly Archives: April 2017
A heady mix of ignorance and ambition
Enviroserve UAE to Set up Worldâs Largest Integrated Electronics, Waste Recycling Plant at Dubai Industrial Park
- Swiss Government Export Finance Agency backs one of the largest foreign direct environment investments in UAE
- AED120 million e-waste recycling facility with 39,000 tons processing capacity to span 228,000 square feet
- Regionâs first renewable energy-powered recycling facility with zero air, liquid emissions
Enviroserve UAE, a global leader in the delivery of niche waste and environmental solutions, has signed an agreement with Dubai Wholesale City for the construction of a 228,000 sq ft electronics and specialized waste recycling plant at Dubai Industrial Park, the dedicated industrial hub within Dubai Wholesale City.
The second annual The Maritime Tanker Conference will take place on Tuesday 24th October 2017 at the Grosvenor House Hotel in Dubai. The event is expected to attract over 150 top executives from across the regional tanker business, as well as global participants.
Auger Torque, UK-based global engineering equipment manufacturer, sets up operations in UAE, GCC, following business partnership with United Motors Heavy Equipment
Newly formed company Auger Torque Middle East is set to bring in innovative technologies to the construction and infrastructure segment in the UAE and the wider GCC region. The launch will take place in Abu Dhabi on 25th April 2017, with support of the Department of International Trade (part of the British Embassy UAE).
Dubai International Academic City Celebrates 10 Years of Landmark Growth & Higher Education Achievements
- A decade after its launch, DIAC is now a leading international education hub with 23 universities from nine countries and over 25,000 students
- DIAC attributes its success to its âIncubatorâ business model, where academic partners are encouraged to start small, demonstrate value, and grow organically.
Dubai International Academic City (DIAC) this week marked 10 years of remarkable growth and achievements in the field of higher education, attributing its success to attracting academic partners focused on providing high-impact education.
Are solution providers ready to ride the tech infusion wave? Frost & Sullivan’s Energy and Environment team identifies growth opportunities in the increasingly conducive water sector
The Wealthy Philanthropist Dr Alvaro Sobrinho Sees Clean Energy As the Key to Africa’s Economic Growth
Dr Ălvaro Sobrinho is a successful Angolan banker and philanthropist who has made it a personal mission of sorts to see to it that Africa’s strongest economies become even stronger still. To be specific, Dr Ălvaro Sobrinho focuses on investing in scientific initiatives, technology, and higher education.
New visa attracts increased layovers
- Cladinox is a stainless steel reinforcing bar with stainless steelâs 100-year+ corrosion resistance only where it is needed – at the surface
- High strength/toughness/with better earthquake resistance where it is needed – at the core
- Cladinox’s unique technology allows these properties to be metallurgically fused together in the solid state, during hot rolling to produce a perfectly bonded designer-steel reinforcing bar
- At pricesÂ approachingÂ those of other traditionally coated steels
- Used successfully in major road and bridge construction in North America over the last 17 years
- The US FHWA, VDOT, and several North American universities have independently researched and published a series of tests and studiesÂ over the last 17 years to confirm its merits
- Conforming to AASHTO Standard Specification MP 13M/MP 13-04 (2006)
- Launched by AKS Group: an Award Winning, dynamic, and technologies-driven steel group, Chennai-based
Cladinox, a globally unique, patented stainless steel clad reinforcing bar was successfully launched for the Middle East market at The UAE Ministry of Infrastructure Developmentâs âThe Middle East Road & Bridge Forumâ on 3rd-4th April in Dubai.
Successfully launching the 2nd Annual Smart Parking Qatar Conference with the participation of the Ministry of Transport and Communications
Middle East Council of Shopping Centres conducts the “John T. Riordan Global School for Retail Real Estate Professionals”
HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Inaugurates 200MW Second Phase of the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park
HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai, has inaugurated the 200 megawatt (MW) second phase of the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park. The project reflects a new era in the excellence and leadership of the UAE, as it increases the share of clean and renewable energy. The inauguration coincided with the International Day of Happiness.