Upcoming EventsAug8Tueall-day EDUTREX Salalah 2017 – Education... @ Crown Plaza ResortEDUTREX Salalah 2017 – Education... @ Crown Plaza ResortAug 8 – Aug 10 all-dayWe are delighted to invite you to EDUTREX Salalah 2017 – Education and Training Expo, which is an annual and strategically important event providing an indispensable platform, which will comprehensively showcase Higher Education, Digital Education and Vocational & Occupational Training … Continue reading →Sep17Sunall-day 4th Middle East Cyber Security C...4th Middle East Cyber Security C...Sep 17 – Sep 20 all-dayMiddle East nations are witnessing significant economic and technological transformation due to growing business opportunities in large industries such as banking, financial services, insurance (BFSI) in the region. With the rapid economic growth and the increasing threat of cyber crimes, … Continue reading →Sep26Tueall-day Electric Vehicles UAE ConferenceElectric Vehicles UAE ConferenceSep 26 – Sep 27 all-dayTo support EV integration in the UAE His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, Chairman of the Executive Council, launched the Dubai Green Mobility Initiative as part of the Dubai Clean Energy … Continue reading →all-day Intersolar Middle East @ Conrad Dubai HotelIntersolar Middle East @ Conrad Dubai HotelSep 26 – Sep 27 all-dayThe most Powerful Solar Conference in the MENA Region taking place September 26-27, 2017 at the Conrad Dubai Hotel in the United Arab Emirates read moreSep27Wedall-day Smart Parking UAESmart Parking UAESep 27 – Sep 28 all-dayThe 3rd Annual Smart Parking UAE 2017 conference will bring a fresh approach to government authorities who will share their experiences at every stage of implementation. The event will reach into healthcare facilities, high access areas and real estate development … Continue reading →all-day Smart Parking UAE ConferenceSmart Parking UAE ConferenceSep 27 – Sep 28 all-dayThe 3rd Annual Smart Parking UAE 2017 conference will bring a fresh approach to government authorities who will share their experiences at every stage of implementation. The event will reach into healthcare facilities, high access areas and real estate developments … Continue reading →
Monthly Archives: April 2017
A heady mix of ignorance and ambition
“FORTY FIVE PERCENT??!!! ……………….I mean wow, forty five, that’s incredible”.
In many of the sun-blessed countries in the Middle East, solar energy generation is at the top of the energy agenda. The Intersolar Middle East conference 2017 in Dubai (United Arab Emirates) pays tribute to this fact. Information on current market trends and framework conditions of the industry, and opportunities and risks of market entry awaits participants, as well as the chance to make contact with key players which are crucial for expanding business relationships in the region. In a comprehensive program held on September 26 and 27 at the Conrad Dubai Hotel, the specialist conference is set to build on the success story of the Intersolar Middle East exhibition 2016.
Binghatti Developers’ CEO & Head of Architecture Muhammad BinGhatti was presented with the Best Architecture Company award by His Excellency Sultan Butti bin Mejren, Director General of Dubai Land Department at the region’s first Gulf Real Estate Awards, 17th April. Binghatti Developers were honored in front of nearly 300 real estate leaders at the largest, most prestigious, real estate gathering in the region.
Enviroserve UAE to Set up World’s Largest Integrated Electronics, Waste Recycling Plant at Dubai Industrial Park
- Swiss Government Export Finance Agency backs one of the largest foreign direct environment investments in UAE
- AED120 million e-waste recycling facility with 39,000 tons processing capacity to span 228,000 square feet
- Region’s first renewable energy-powered recycling facility with zero air, liquid emissions
Enviroserve UAE, a global leader in the delivery of niche waste and environmental solutions, has signed an agreement with Dubai Wholesale City for the construction of a 228,000 sq ft electronics and specialized waste recycling plant at Dubai Industrial Park, the dedicated industrial hub within Dubai Wholesale City.
Nowadays, cyber-security is not just a technology issue, it’s a real business issue which should engage all business functions.
The second annual The Maritime Tanker Conference will take place on Tuesday 24th October 2017 at the Grosvenor House Hotel in Dubai. The event is expected to attract over 150 top executives from across the regional tanker business, as well as global participants.
Auger Torque, UK-based global engineering equipment manufacturer, sets up operations in UAE, GCC, following business partnership with United Motors Heavy Equipment
Newly formed company Auger Torque Middle East is set to bring in innovative technologies to the construction and infrastructure segment in the UAE and the wider GCC region. The launch will take place in Abu Dhabi on 25th April 2017, with support of the Department of International Trade (part of the British Embassy UAE).
- Cisco’s flagship technology forum brings together regional technology and business decision makers to drive the digitization agenda
- Themed ‘Your Time Is Now’, the event addresses current technology business issues and demonstrates how Internet of Things is driving monumental change in technology architectures
- Keynotes and topic sessions by leading technology executives to offer cutting-edge insights on the latest technologies and trends
Cisco announced today the opening of its flagship IT and thought leadership event, Cisco Connect in the UAE, hosted by Cisco and its key strategic partners from April 17 – 18 at the Atlantis the Palm Hotel, in Dubai. Themed ‘Your Time is Now,’ Cisco Connect UAE 2017 will address the current technology landscape as businesses transition into effective digital enterprises. The event will demonstrate multiple solutions across verticals and showcase how connected cities integrate technology to manage their assets, services, and costs.
Dubai International Academic City Celebrates 10 Years of Landmark Growth & Higher Education Achievements
- A decade after its launch, DIAC is now a leading international education hub with 23 universities from nine countries and over 25,000 students
- DIAC attributes its success to its “Incubator” business model, where academic partners are encouraged to start small, demonstrate value, and grow organically.
Dubai International Academic City (DIAC) this week marked 10 years of remarkable growth and achievements in the field of higher education, attributing its success to attracting academic partners focused on providing high-impact education.
GPS Navigation does not work inside buildings. For it to work, you would need to have a direct line of sight with satellites, which is not viable inside buildings. Consequently, other technologies such as Bluetooth Low Energy need to be used for navigating indoors.
Are solution providers ready to ride the tech infusion wave? Frost & Sullivan’s Energy and Environment team identifies growth opportunities in the increasingly conducive water sector
The Wealthy Philanthropist Dr Alvaro Sobrinho Sees Clean Energy As the Key to Africa’s Economic Growth
Dr Álvaro Sobrinho is a successful Angolan banker and philanthropist who has made it a personal mission of sorts to see to it that Africa’s strongest economies become even stronger still. To be specific, Dr Álvaro Sobrinho focuses on investing in scientific initiatives, technology, and higher education.
New visa attracts increased layovers
The United Arab Emirates has succeeded in boosting the length of time that travellers stay in the country using longer layovers and connections between Europe and America with Asian destinations. The fastest growing group is now those staying between six to eight nights, according to ForwardKeys which predicts future travel patterns by analysing 16 million booking transactions a day.
- Cladinox is a stainless steel reinforcing bar with stainless steel’s 100-year+ corrosion resistance only where it is needed – at the surface
- High strength/toughness/with better earthquake resistance where it is needed – at the core
- Cladinox’s unique technology allows these properties to be metallurgically fused together in the solid state, during hot rolling to produce a perfectly bonded designer-steel reinforcing bar
- At prices approaching those of other traditionally coated steels
- Used successfully in major road and bridge construction in North America over the last 17 years
- The US FHWA, VDOT, and several North American universities have independently researched and published a series of tests and studies over the last 17 years to confirm its merits
- Conforming to AASHTO Standard Specification MP 13M/MP 13-04 (2006)
- Launched by AKS Group: an Award Winning, dynamic, and technologies-driven steel group, Chennai-based
Cladinox, a globally unique, patented stainless steel clad reinforcing bar was successfully launched for the Middle East market at The UAE Ministry of Infrastructure Development’s “The Middle East Road & Bridge Forum” on 3rd-4th April in Dubai.