Wadi, the leading e-commerce site in KSA and UAE, saw its biggest ever Shopathon last week, with flash sales every four hours and daily hot deals. With every purchase that took place during the Shopathon, customers recieved loyalty points worth 500 AED on every order with every loyalty point being worth 1 AED.
Following the success, Wadi witnessed three times more traffic on the website with five times increase in sales than usual, which made 700% year on year growth in their sales during the shopathon and 500% increase in sales per day.
Wadi’s top selling categories included (In order of sales/units sold):
- Mobile phones
- Wrist watches
- Kitchen appliances
- Headphones and Earphones
- Wearable devices
- Mobile and tablet accessories
Wadi also set trends during this period and it included:
- Airpods: whose sales has slowed down over last couple of months, returned to top sellers because of prices being dropped across almost all e-commerce platforms, with Wadi offering the Best price during the entire event
- Nespresso Coffee Machines: saw huge jump in sales due to great deal being offered by the Brand
- Perfumes’: sales set new standards for online commerce with sales almost becoming 10 times more for Wadi.com during the period with 7% jump during the shopathon.
- Among iPhones, a shift was seen from lower memory phones (64GB, 128GB) towards higher memory phones (256 GB). This is partially due to better prices and also the increased memory requirements nowadays.
Wadi is the place to shop online, for customers looking for the best, cheapest and most competitive deals online. With more than 500+ sellers to be found at Wadi.com, the online marketplace sells a wide range of items in Consumer Electronics, Fashion for Men, Women and Children, Cosmetics, Fragrances, Kitchen Appliances, Home and Décor and Toys. Interview opportunities with the founders of Wadi.com are also available (Bio’s along the release)