Now available across the Middle East, the compact but powerful JOY S air purifier demonstrates that good things really do come in small packages
- Unique HEPASilent™ technology offers a 99.97% filtration rate
- Viruses, bacteria, dust, smoke, and allergens down to 0.1 microns in size easily removed
- JOY S offers fresh air every 12 minutes
- Five trendy colors to suit the range of customer requirements
- Low energy consumption of just 1.5 watts
- Whisper-quiet performance
In the wake of rising awareness of ambient air quality and its impact on health in the Middle East, Blueair, a world leader in air purification solutions, has launched JOY S – a powerful air purifier for the compact living – across the region. With cutting-edge, portable design, JOY S is offered in five different colors to suit any interior.
Backed by Swedish expertise, JOY S is uniquely equipped to deliver clean air thanks to its HEPASilent™ filtration technology, which uses a combination of electrostatic and mechanical processes to remove 99.97% of airborne pollutants, bacteria, viruses, allergens, microplastics, smoke, dust, pet dander and pollen as small as 0.1 micron in size.
JOY S has a 200-cubic-meter-per-hour CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) and whisper-quiet performance. The new Blueair product assures clean air for an area of 16 square meters every 12 minutes, making it ideal for the small and medium rooms found in many Gulf homes. The unique product design and technology helps to deliver clean air with minimum energy consumption of 1.5 watts.
According to the World Health Organization, air pollution is the world’s single biggest environmental health threat. Exposure to indoor air pollution can lead to a wide range of diseases including acute and chronic respiratory conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and pneumonia, lung cancer, ischemic heart disease, stroke, and cataract. Polluted indoor air can also trigger asthma and allergies.
Regional governments have recognized that clean air is essential for the well-being of their residents. They are exploring innovative ways to monitor and improve air quality. The launch of JOY S by Blueair follows moves by authorities in the Middle East to monitor and improve air quality. In August, the Environment Agency – Abu Dhabi introduced a new app to help residents learn more about the emirate’s air quality, while Dubai authorities announced at the start of the summer that drone inspections have cut industrial air pollution by 47 percent.
JOY S will also help residents concerned about declining air quality. A recent global study shows that air pollution shortens average Saudi’s life by nearly 1.5 years, according to research from the University of Texas at Austin. In June, the Kingdom’s General Authority of Meteorology and Environmental Protection launched a test version of a Gulf standards index measuring air quality in various parts of the Kingdom.
Last but not least, the new air purifier is quite literally a joy to behold. With five attractive, interchangeable color options and an intuitive one-button control, JOY S easily fits into any interior scheme, doubling up as an art object to fit customers’ every mood.
Commenting on the JOY S launch, TR Ganesh, General Manager, Blueair Middle East, said, “The importance of clean air, with its tremendous positive health benefits, cannot be overstated. Residents are increasingly adopting air purification technology to improve their living environments. Consumers expect their air purifiers to extract all impurities from the indoor air while delivering the best CAD rate with minimal capital outlay and energy consumption. JOY S meets these requirements in a single package.”
“With the launch of JOY S, our smallest, slimmest and prettiest air purifier, we aim to continue our pursuit to expand our air purification expertise and best-in-class technology to a new segment. Consumers can now rest easy that their needs are being taken care of,” he added.
JOY S will be available at Souq.com and 16 Carrefour outlets across the region from September 24, 2018.
- Best clean air with 360-degree air intake, based on HEPASilent™ technology which removes 99.97% of airborne pollutants, bacteria, virus, allergens, microplastics, smoke, dust, pet dander and pollen as small as 0.1 microns in size
- Energy efficient with just 1.5 watts of energy consumption on normal fan setting and a maximum of 10 watts on the third fan setting
- Whisper-quiet performance
- Best CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) of 200 cubic meters per hour
- 5ACH (Air Changes/Hour); Cleans air every 12 minutes in the recommended room size of 16 square meters
- Convenient to use: One button control, automatic filter change alert and filter replacement with a simple twist
- Stylish: Change color as per your mood with 5 attractive, pre-filter color options, including Saffron Red, Diva Blue, Puff Yellow, Lunar Rock and Dark Shadow,
Blueair is a world-leading producer of air purification solutions for home and professional use. Founded in Sweden, Blueair delivers innovative, best-in-class, energy efficient products and services sold in over 60 countries around the world. Blueair is part of the Unilever family of brands. http://www.blueair.com