The United Arab Emirates has experienced a huge change in the previous couple of decades which is famous. This is a cutting edge nation with class-apart infrastructure and hosts a huge number of visitors consistently. United Arab Emirates has a vast and colorful history, culture and lifestyle truly unique to the region and to the world. Here are some interesting facts about UAE:
- UAE is divided into seven emirates – Abu Dhabi (capital), Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Sharjah, Ras al-Khaimah, Umm al-Quwain. Arabic is the official language in all the emirates.
- The Dubai police fleet includes a Lamborghini, Ferrari and Bentley. This is to allow them to catch speeders who can outrun other cars.
- Dubai is also known as the City of Gold, as it houses the Gold Souk which is the largest market for gold and jewelry, and the city also has ATMs that dispense gold bars.
- In contrast to other European nations or Japan, the UAE has, in fact, more than just one royal family. Every Emirate of the UAE is administered by a different royal family, with the most renowned and ground-breaking of them being the Al Nahyan regal group of Abu Dhabi and the Al Maktoum imperial group of Dubai.
- The falcon is the UAE’s national symbol. Falconry is at the heart of Emirati culture and is a popular pastime.
- Dubai also has the largest man-made island in the world, the Palm Islands. It consists of hotels and resorts as well.
- UAE welcomes all religions and has places of worship for every faith in all the seven emirates.