Carrefour offers promotional campaign for the Holy Month of Ramadan. It’s the investment of over AED110 million which increased by 80% compared to last year. The initiative, which is being held under the theme of “Taking Care of You This Ramadan” was announced during a visit to Carrefour’s Hypermarket at City Centre Sharjah by Dr Hashim Al Nuaimi, Director of the Customer Protection Department at the Ministry of Economy.
Customers have discounts up to 77% off on food products and 50% off on non-food items until 29th May.
In line with the spirit of looking after those less fortunate, customers will also be able to contribute charitable deeds easily and at a low cost to themselves, facilitated by Carrefour including:
• Buying a charity box of food products at a discounted price, which will be distributed to families in need by the UAE Red Crescent and Carrefour volunteers during Ramadan. These boxes will be packed by Carrefour employees at the company’s pioneering Regional Distribution Centre in Dubai and will contain pantry essentials such as; rice, cooking oil, sugar, flour, lentils, pasta and more, all of which are from Carrefour’s private label and are comparable in quality to leading brands at a more competitive price point.
• The boxes can also be purchased for personal use and are available in regular and large sizes, priced at AED50 and AED100 respectively with a savings of 20% on the normal prices of the total goods.
• Apart from being available in stores, customers can purchase the boxes online via www.carrefouruae.com, Noon.com and Amazon.ae.
Carrefour team members will also be distributing over 45,000 Iftar parcels in the arrivals section at Dubai International Airport and Al Maktoum International Airport. The parcels will serve as a nutritious meal for passengers and feature water, juice, dates and other light snacks.
Philippe Peguilhan Country Manager, Carrefour UAE, Majid Al Futtaim Retail, said: “The Holy Month is a time for self-reflection, spending family time and looking after the less fortunate, making it a rewarding and equally busy period for our customers. This year, the objective of our campaign is to drive even greater value and convenience for customers to help ease their shopping experiences, allowing them to truly embrace the spirit of Ramadan and share great moments with those who matter most.”
Carrefour remains committed to delivering superior value throughout the year. Other promotions include; family pack offers, ’20x back’ (Carrefour will refund any customer who has bought an identical item somewhere else for lower price for x20 the difference in MyCLUB points) and 20% off in MyCLUB points on all Carrefour private label products every Tuesday.
Factsheet: Carrefour UAE – Ramadan Campaign 2019
Investment in 2019
|Department||Ramadan Investment||= a discount of||across # Products|
|Consumer goods||AED 70 Million||Up to 77%||4000|
|Fresh market||AED 10 Million||Up to 70%||500|
|Non-food items||AED 24.5 Million||Up to 50%||7,530|
- Carrefour forecasts an increase of 13% for online food orders and a 29% increase for non-food.
- In store footfall and transactions are 15% higher than the average throughout the year
Offers/initiatives in 2019
- Ramadan boxes filled with pantry essentials, all of which are from Carrefour’s private label line and are comparable to leading brands albeit at a more competitive price point
- Available in regular and large sizes, priced at AED50 and AED100 respectively and can be bought for personal use or donated to the UAE Red Crescent
- Apart from being available in stores, and on CarrefourUAE.com the boxes can also be found on ae and Noon.com
- Spend AED300 in Family Pack and Ramadan Bulk offers and get 15% OFF in MyCLUB points
Spin the wheel
- Spend AED250 on food in one of our hypermarkets and get a chance to win a shopping basket worth AED500
- if you spend AED125 in our supermarkets you’ll have a chance to win a shopping basket worth AED100
- Total of 4500 baskets to be won
- Variety of promotions available on CarrefourUAE.com
- Spend AED100 on Carrefournow.com (Carrefour’s online store which offers one-hour delivery) and have a chance to win one of many smartphones