Mar 26 – Mar 27 all-day
Building the Resilience of Cybersecurity in Healthcare
26-27 March 2018
In May, 2017, WannaCry affected organizations across the globe, including numerous hospitals. It led to work shut down at hospitals across the United Kingdom and affected hospitals in Canada and United States. According to a report by an investment banking advisory firm Alpen Capital, the GCC healthcare market is projected to grow at a CGR compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.1% per annum from an estimated $40.3 billion in 2015 to $71.3 billion in 2020. With this growth comes the risk of cyber-attacks which can vary from financial fraud, medical insurance fraud, attacks on computer-controlled medical devices to patient information.
MENA Cyber Health Summit, scheduled to take place on 26 & 27 March 2017 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, aims to
to create a platform for all stakeholders to discuss and help healthcare organizations develop a real-time response and recovery, to cyber threats.
- Defining Cybersecurity for Healthcare: Why should hospital leaders care about cybersecurity?
- Discussing possibilities of a secure cyber environment in hospitals
- Protecting assets and managing the cybersecurity risks
- Role of hospital leadership in preventative measures and suggested risk management activities
- Emergency Preparedness: Liaising with staff and key partners
Subscribe to filtered calendar