Add to Calendar
Building the Resilience of Cybersecurity in Healthcare
26-27 March 2018
In May, 2017, WannaCry¬†affected organizations across the globe, including numerous hospitals. It led to work shut down at hospitals across the United Kingdom and affected hospitals in Canada and United States. According to a report by an investment banking advisory firm Alpen Capital, the GCC healthcare market is projected to grow at a CGR compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.1% per annum from an estimated $40.3 billion in 2015 to $71.3 billion in 2020. With this growth comes the risk of cyber-attacks which can vary from financial fraud, medical insurance fraud, attacks on computer-controlled medical devices to patient information.
MENA Cyber Health Summit, scheduled to take place on 26 & 27 March 2017 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, aims to
to create a platform for all stakeholders to discuss and help healthcare organizations develop a real-time response and recovery, to cyber threats.
- Defining Cybersecurity for Healthcare: Why should hospital leaders care about cybersecurity?
- Discussing possibilities of a secure cyber environment in hospitals
- Protecting assets and managing the cybersecurity risks
- Role of hospital leadership in preventative measures and suggested risk management activities
- Emergency Preparedness: Liaising with staff and key partners