Director of the National Program for SMEs and Projects from the Ministry of Economy opens AIM Startup
- Country’s non-oil GDP forecasted to grow 3.4 per cent this year
- High-level UAE representatives to tackle new law at Annual Investment Meeting 2019
The UAE Government’s enactment of the foreign direct investment (FDI) law in 2018 is seen to help accelerate FDI flows by up to 20 percent this year, from the eight percent average growth rate, as per the recent estimates of the Ministry of Economy. The landmark law is predicted to further strengthen the already business-friendly climate in the country.
- Announces release of BAYT by Azizi in Azizi Riviera as part of IPS 2019
- Following strong customer response to the BAYT by Azizi concept launch in Dubai Sports City
- Investors can have their apartments managed and rented out as short-term homes
- In line with Azizi Development’s Year of Construction, a year dedicated to its swift progression in construction and project delivery, BAYT by Azizi in Azizi Riviera will be completed in 2019
Azizi Developments, one of the leading private developers in the UAE, has expanded the BAYT by Azizi concept to one of its premium developments in Azizi Riviera, its flagship master-planned community in Meydan One. BAYT by Azizi assures owners higher returns by having their homes managed and serviced for them.
The Palmon Group lead property fund – Manrre, has acquired AED 220m of Dubai commercial assets paying 8% annual dividends and open to smaller investors
AIDA and STC Energy have signed a Development Framework Agreement for the development of 170 MW solar power plants and 1 GW for both on grid and micro off grid solar power plants in Ukraine that will be backed by a development investment commitment of a min US$ 2 Billion by The Arab Investment Development Authority (AIDA)
Annual Investment Meeting 2019 to host AIM-OBOR Forum
UAEpreneur – the initiative designed to support young entrepreneurs from the Middle East – selected 13 startups from more than 100 applicants to present to potential angel investors at the recent Investor Day in Dubai. Each startup made a five-minute pitch concluding with the ‘ask’ – the investment required to take their business to the next level. The 13 startups asked for a combined total of USD4.75m, with individual pitches ranging from USD100,000 to USD1million. Some of the startups are already in discussion with potential investors in the UAE.
A 60/40 allocation to equities and bonds is no longer likely to be enough to offer investors the outcomes and diversification required to reach their long-term objectives – alternative investments are increasingly critical to the investor’s portfolio.
- The emirate has attracted from 2015 to 2018 $21.6 billion worth of FDI in high-end technology transfers with the most from the European Union and the U.S. — $5.7 billion and $3.9 billion, respectively
- Annual Investment Meeting (AIM 2019) to highlight strategies and mechanisms for enhancing tech solutions to draw FDIs
Dubai ranked first globally in attracting foreign direct investments (FDIs) for artificial intelligence and robotics; while the UAE ranked sixth in the global Smart Service Index, surpassing the US, UK and South Korea. The Emirate has attracted from 2015 to 2018 $21.6 billion worth of FDI in high-end technology transfers, with the most from the European Union and the U.S. — $5.7 billion and $3.9 billion, respectively.
- MoU signed between Dubai FDI and HKTDC to boost cooperation on Belt & Road Initiative
- Roundtable discussion held with various DED agencies aimed at enhancing collaboration on future projects
- Dubai Exports renew strategic collaboration with HKTDC
- FDI capital inflow from Hong Kong from 2015 to 2018 reach US$75 million (AED 275 m)
- Real estate, rental and leasing comprise 40%of HK’s FDI capital flows to Dubai
12 March 2019: In line with the efforts to intensify investment and economic relations between two leading global business hubs, top level officials from the Department of Economic Development (DED) in Dubai and Hong Kong Trade and Development Council (HKTDC) have signed new agreements during a strategic meeting, which was held recently in Dubai. The signing ceremonies were followed by a roundtable discussion led by DED and its agencies Dubai FDI, Dubai Exports and Dubai SME.
The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) insurance markets have seen robust growth over the last decade, according to a new report by AM Best. However, in recent years, the region’s economic growth has slowed, attributable largely to the global economic slowdown and the lower price of oil, the commodity on which these markets depend for infrastructure spending.
The Dubai real estate market has and continues to attract a lot of foreign investment, with Pakistanis, British, Jordanians, and Indians accounting for about a third of total investments in the first 11 months of 2018. Of the Dh 62 billion investments made within these eleven months of 2018, Emiratis topped among the GCC investors in the Dubai real estate market accounting for Dh11.5 billion, followed by Indians accounting for Dh10.8 billion, British investing in real estate about Dh4.3 billion, Pakistanis with Dh2.8 billion and Jordanians accounting for Dh1.5 billion.
The United Arab Emirates has managed to achieve a qualitative leap in its economy during the recent years due to the adoption of forward-looking strategy and in anticipation of strategic plans for the future. This move has strengthened UAE’s position on the map of world economy.